As global businesses recover to pre-COVID levels, cloud computing continues to gain strength. Gartner has reported that the public cloud services market grew from $270 billion in 2020 to $332 billion in 2021. Sid Nag of Gartner mentions that the “cloud is the powerhouse that drives today’s digital organizations.” Business leaders are no more debating about whether organizations should adopt the cloud. In fact, the cloud platform has emerged as the “heart” of all business transformation and modernization initiatives.
Organizations are now keener to leverage digital transformation enabled by cloud engineering. This is particularly true of companies looking to scale and advance their data analytics initiatives due to the many benefits the cloud offers in that quest. Along with business transformation, cloud solutions are also driving scalability and modernization.
In that light, organizations need a holistic approach to cloud-based modernization. Let’s look at three focus areas where the cloud can make a powerful impact.
3 Focus Areas Where the Cloud Is Making an Impact
To realize their transformation goals, organizations must adopt a digital roadmap that revolves around:
- A cloud-powered infrastructure – comprising the public, private, or hybrid cloud.
- Cloud-only applications – that can process the entire logic and stored data.
- End-to-end services – that are provided by a cloud technology partner.
Along those lines, here are three focus areas where the cloud is making the maximum impact:
|1. Cost Savings|
With its “Pay-as-use” model, cloud platforms enable enterprises to save on infrastructure as they build new applications in a shorter timeframe. Effectively, the cloud model can “offset” business spending on IT systems and the workforce. The cloud-enabled model ensures that organizations don’t have to make any upfront investments into either hardware or software resources.
TechRepublic reports that cloud adoption can reduce both setup and maintenance costs by up to 50%. Organizations can also benefit from cost-effective cloud pricing models, along with faster time-to-market and improved employee productivity.
Data security used to be among the top concerns when it comes to the public cloud. The reality today is that even public cloud solutions are advancing rapidly in ensuring both data and application security. Cloud solution providers are adopting technologies like Artificial Intelligence (or AI) to secure the stored data. For instance, built-in AI algorithms can monitor possible security vulnerabilities in applications. Network providers like Cisco are partnering with security specialists like JupiterOne to secure their cloud offering. Similarly, Google Cloud is also working with its customers to modernize their cloud security.
Here are some of the effective measures that cloud providers are taking to improve their cloud security:
- Built-in cloud firewalls
- Data encryption
- Two-factor authentication (2FA)
For effective digital transformation, cloud services provide both horizontal and vertical scalability for growing enterprises. Enabled by the cloud, organizations can also adapt their business scalability, meaning increasing their existing resources to match their growing business needs. Why is this critical? Enterprises without scalability cannot deliver top-notch services to their growing customer base.
Cloud-powered virtual machines (or VMs) can now be deployed to manage their increasing workloads and applications (as needed).
Next, let us discuss how Ellicium’s Cloud Engineering services can drive business transformation.
Also Read: All concerns about Cloud Computing answered on the backdrop of COVID-19
How Ellicium Can Help in Your Business Modernization
At Ellicium, we understand why technology-based companies look to transform, modernize, and scale up their cloud applications and infrastructure. Our specialized team of cloud professionals can help you achieve your cloud objectives using a host of technologies.
Here is how the Ellicium team can help you leverage your cloud investments:
- Study the existing in-house system and develop a cloud roadmap and architecture.
- Set up the complete cloud infrastructure according to the customized roadmap and leverage it to build cloud solutions.
- Leverage both in-house and cloud resources to build the best solution designed for each client.
- Implement the cloud solutions with the most appropriate service.
- Use data engineering to manage and support the cloud setups after deployment.
- Provide post-implementation customer support and encourage continuous improvement.
How do our cloud engineering services benefit customers? Here are a few benefits:
- Provides access to multiple cloud providers, including AWS, Google Cloud, and MS Azure.
- Enables cost efficiency with a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Ensures data security in compliance with industry regulations.
- Provides cloud services with the desired flexibility and scalability in a matter of minutes.
Here are some of our customer success stories:
- Our cloud-based data archival solution for legacy data saved a manufacturing company $1 million (over two years) and improved process efficiency by 90%.
- Based on our SAP Analytics Cloud solution, an automobile component manufacturer reduced their implementation time and cost by 70%.
Also Read: 5 Top Reasons to Work with a Data Analytics Managed Services Partner
In the post-pandemic era, digital or business transformation is not achievable without adopting a “cloud-first” strategy. The cloud computing model creates new opportunities for organizations to transform, modernize, and elevate their technology systems. However, the path to cloud-powered transformation is very challenging without technical expertise.
To that end, Ellicium Solutions presents global customers with expertise and experience in Big Data, Analytics, and AI technologies. So, if you are looking for a partner in transforming your business on the cloud, we can help you. Enrich your cloud journey with Ellicium here.